Simple Activities To Entertain Kids On Summer Break
Oh no! It’s almost summer break and how are you supposed to keep the kids entertained for all those weeks without them becoming bored while their knowledge from school does little more than rot in their minds. Just take a deep breath and read through Successful Parenting Today’s list of kid-approved activities that are both mentally stimulating and a lot of fun!
- Start a blog: A blog may seem like a lot of hard work, but it can also be fun and stimulate those creative processes children love to use when playing games into an outlet that will let them develop their writing skills. Writing and creativity are key to a successful future.
- Try a new sport: Little ones have tons of energy that needs to be expended during the summer months. Learning a new sport will allow them to both expend some pent up energy that might otherwise be engaged only with video games into a much more healthy venue where they have the potential to meet plenty of new friends.
- Put together a craft box: One of the most popular toys of the past year were loom kits that allowed children to make bracelets, necklaces, and rings for their friends and family. With a craft box, you can continue the creative streak with an arts and crafts style box just for your child to play with.
- Make a movie: Did you know Steven Spielberg was only a teenager when he began making movies? With nothing more than a smart phone, today’s children can make and edit their own movies in another creativity stimulating activity for your children this summer break.
- Start a business: Maybe your child’s movie is actually pretty good. Perhaps their arts and crafts projects are really starting to take off. You can use these projects or perhaps a completely new endeavor and show your children the importance of money.
Summer vacation is meant to be a time for relaxation, but you wouldn’t want too much knowledge slipping from your child’s memory banks. With these great potential activity ideas, your summer vacation will be both fun and educational.
Follow us at Successful Parenting Today for more great articles on parenting and more!